What is ID Theft Insurance?
Our unique identity theft solution provides you with all the components necessary to restore your identity, and prevent future incidences of identity theft. All work done on your behalf is performed by qualified Privacy Advocates. Our program takes a completely hands on approach to identity theft restoration. Identity theft advocates will assist you with the restoration of your identity to its pre-theft state. If you believe you are a victim of identity theft contact an identity theft advocate using the toll-free number, 888-895-0065.
What would Privacy Advocates do during the Lost or Stolen Credit Card Assistance / Document Recovery Services?
Privacy Advocates will assist members in the event their credit cards are misplaced or stolen.
Privacy Advocates will:
- Consult with the member to determine the severity of the event
- Obtain credit reports from each of the three major credit
- Contact each credit card company or other financial institution with the member via teleconference.
- Cancel members affected credit cards
- Request new replacement cards
- Place fraud alerts with all three major credit bureaus
- Assist members with interpreting their credit reports
- Provide daily ID monitoring for six months to help proactively prevent any additional identity fraud
- Provide credit dispute assistance
- Assist with additional lost items including driver’s license, library, and other membership cards
What's the reimbursement limit of insurance?
- Aggregate Limit of Insurance: $1,000,000 per policy period
- Lost Wages: $1,500 per week, for 5 weeks maximum
- Travel Expenses $1,000 per policy period
- Elder Care and Child Care $1,000 per policy period
- Initial Legal Consultation $1,000 per policy period
- Deductible $0 per policy period
You will also receive up to $1,000,000 worth of identity theft insurance coverage. This coverage will help offset some of the cost of restoring your identity to its original status including, reimbursement of fees.
Reasonable and necessary costs incurred in the United States by the insured for:
- Re-filing applications for loans, grants or other credit instruments that are rejected solely as a result of a stolen identity incident
- Notarizing affidavits or other similar documents, long distance telephone calls and postage solely as a result of the insured's efforts to report a stolen identity incident and/or amend or rectify records as to the insured's true name or identity as a result of a stolen identity event
- Up to six credit reports from established credit bureaus (with no more than two reports from any one credit bureau) dated within 12 months after the insured's discovery of a stolen identity incident
- Providing periodic reports on changes to, and inquiries about the information contained in the insured’s credit reports or public databases including, but not limited to credit monitoring services
- Travel within the United States incurred as a result of the insured’s efforts to amend or rectify records as to the insured’s true name and identity
- Eldercare or child care incurred as a result of the insured’s efforts to amend or rectify records as to the insured’s true name or identity
How do I file a claim?
When filing a personal identity theft claim please contact a claims administrator at (888) 895-0065. Please identify yourself as a Legal Club of America® policyholder.
Please note the insurance coverage members and their family may take advantage of this program's benefits and services.